Where are the key wardens and where are my Infernal Machines to create a Hellfire Ring/Hellfire Amulet?
In order to obtain a Hellfire Ring or Amulet, one has to work their way through the Uber Boss system of harvesting machines and organs to produce a legendary ring or amulet (official blog post).
To create the infernal machine required to open the portals to the Ubers, the keys are drops from mobs nick named Key Wardens.
Where are the various key wardens? Are there any requirements for making the machines drop? What's the drop rate on different difficulty settings?
@JQAn As long as you choose a quest that has a waypoint for the warden's location, it doesn't matter which one you choose. If all you care about is farming keys, just always choose the last quest, to give yourself the maximum flexibility for earning NV.
The Reaper of Souls update has substantially modified this process from the launch version.
There are 4 different machines that can be created which correspond to the particular fights to obtain a particular organ. No more opening 3 portals to guarantee seeing the uber you need.
The machines spawn directly from the Keywardens. As of patch 2.3 each member of a party has an independent probability of generating a machine.
- Act 1: Fields of Misery: Odeg - Infernal Machine of Bones
- Act 2: Dahlgur Oasis: Sokahr - Infernal Machine of Gluttony
- Act 3: Stonefort: Xah'Rith - Infernal Machine of War
- Act 4: Gardens of Hope 2nd Tier: Nekarat - Infernal Machine of Evil
The Infernal Machine plan can drop from any of the Keywardens and they all have a small chance to spawn a second key that is not particular to them.
The level 70 Hellfire Ring requires one of all four organs, the new crafting plan which costs 5,000,000 gold coins from Squirt in Act 2 and 50,000 coins to craft.
The organs are:
- Vial of Putridness (Infernal Machine of Gluttony)
- Leoric's Regret (Infernal Machine of Bones)
- Idol of Terror (Infernal Machine of War)
- Heart of Evil (Infernal Machine of Evil)
It is still possible to obtain the original keys while you are level 60 and to craft the level 60 Hellfire Ring as per the legacy information that used to be contained in answers here (you can see that info from reviewing edits on the top answers).
It is not possible to stack the level 60 and 70 Hellfire Rings to obtain an 80% experience gain bonus.
- Torment I: 25%
- Torment II: 28%
- Torment III: 33%
- Torment IV: 38%
- Torment V: 43%
- Torment VI: 50%
- Torment VII: 60%
- Torment VIII: 70%
- Torment IX: 80%
- Torment X: 90%
The organ drop rates are estimated to be:
- Torment I: 100% * 1 organ roll
- Torment II: 10% * 2 organ rolls
- Torment III: 20% * 2 organ rolls
- Torment IV: 30% * 2 organ rolls
- Torment V: 40% * 2 organ rolls
- Torment VI: 50% * 2 organ rolls
- Torment VII: 100% * 2 organ rolls
- Torment VIII: 10% * 3 organ rolls
- Torment IX: 25% * 3 organ rolls
- Torment X: 50% * 3 organ rolls