Is possible to use 2 Xbox 360 wireless controllers in PC, using just one receiver?
Recently, I bought an Xbox 360 wireless controller for PC, which comes with the USB receiver...
I want to play ''Rayman Origins'' in co-op with my girlfriend, and I want to know if it is a good idea to buy a normal Xbox 360 wireless controller (for Xbox) and if it would work as a second player using the same USB receiver?
Or do I need to buy another Xbox 360 wireless controller for PC, and use the same receiver? Or use 2 receivers?
This wireless receiver product description on amazon specifies that you can use up to 4 wireless controllers with one single receiver.
To pair multiple controllers to the same receiver, simply follow these instructions for each separate controller.
To summarize the instructions:
- Plug in the gaming receiver to a USB port on your computer
- Use the "Install Automatically" option if the Add New Hardware wizard pops up
- Download the XBOX wireless controller software from here and install
- Once installed, turn on the controller by pressing the middle 'X' button
- Press the connect button on the receiver (the light flashes green)
- Press the connect button on the wireless controller (pictured below).
Your Xbox wireless controller should now be connected to your machine. Repeat steps 4-6 for each additional controller.
thank you, cristal clear instructions, now at lunch time i will buy an normal xbox360 wireless controller (for xbox360 console), and i'll follow up your instructions! :D
And remember, if you also use it with an xbox-360 you'll have to associate it again with the console after using it for the pc... (first time it happened to me I forgot, and for a while I thought I'd broken my controller)