Is there a way to change time in creative mode of Minecraft?
Yes, if you are running Minecraft 1.3 and above, simply press the T or / key to open the console, type
/time set <TIME-OF-DAY>, and press enter.
<TIME-OF-DAY>is in ticks. This means the start of the day is 0, nightfall is 12000, and the end of the day is 24000.
Does this not work for you? Here is a possible fix (WINDOWS ONLY):
- Download NBTEdit
- Make sure Minecraft is CLOSED. Not just on the main menu. CLOSED.
- Now you need to get the path to your Minecraft level file, and chances are its location (AppData) is hidden. Do this:
- Press the windows key + R and the Run window should come up.
- Type in
- The Windows Explorer will open, and the folder
.minecraftshould be near the top. Open it, and then open
- Copy the path in the address bar.
- Open up NBTEdit. In the menu bar, click
File, then click
Open. In the address bar, paste the path you copied.
- Now, browser to your level's folder. Inside of it, you should find
level.dat. Open it into NBTEdit.
- If your world has been run on a 1.3 client, it should say
Data: 21 entries. Expand that node, and at the very top, chances are it says
allowCommands: 0. If it is missing, you must play that world on a 1.3 client. If it says
allowCommands: 1, then commands should already work.
- Click on
allowCommands. Then click on the Pencil in the tool strip. For a value, enter in
1. Now, click
- That's it! The solution above should now work in your world.
If you know how to make the above solution work in other operating systems, feel free to edit it.
@murgatroid99 Yes, the `t` key. Added it to the answer.
I also want to add that you have to enable cheats for this to work Which on creative is automatically enabled but on survival isnt
Shoot, that still doesn't work for me. I am on creative but maybe my cheats aren't on. How do i do that please?